A complementary to the DACUM workshop. It basically answers the question, “How can you teach most effectively what needs to be taught?” SCID is a systematic process model used to develop curriculum and instructional materials needed to train tomorrow’s workforce. It has repeatedly worked very well for many schools, colleges, companies, and government agencies.
SCID Workshop Activity
During the 5-day workshop, participants will engage in large group presentations, small group discussions, and individual hands-on practical exercises and activities. A variety of instructional methods are utilized to provide hands-on opportunities in the knowledge, skills, and behaviors of the SCID process of instructional design.
Who Should Attend a SCID?
- Postsecondary instructional/curriculum specialists, teachers, supervisors
- Business/industry trainers, instructional development specialists
- State staff and curriculum center/lab personnel
- Career-technical teacher educators, training program managers
- Secondary instructional/curriculum specialists, teachers, supervisors
- Government agency trainers and program developers
- CTE, TVET and VET educators and trainers